Please visit ohsu-psu-sph.org for current MPH information (09/19/2016)
2016 School of Public Health Student Poster Showcase
Celebrate National Public Health Week!
Friday, April 8th, 2016 | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM | at Oregon Health Authority
Thank you to all of the students who participated in the 2016 Student Poster Showcase. Click here to see the program. Congratulations to our students who were recognized for outstanding posters!
Outstanding Undergraduate Posters:
• Tania Curiel, “Outreach - Through Culturally Sensitive Listening Sessions - to Engage Latinos in Health Discussions”
• Tascha Johnson, “Behavioral Activation Theory to Identify Depression among HIV-Positive Women of Color in the U.S. South”
• Brittany Morgan, “Gender Differences in Service Utilization Rates Among Low-income and Homeless Individuals”
Outstanding Graduate Posters:
• Serena Hasworth, “LGBT Elders Are Under-Served in Oregon’s Mental Health System: Strategies for Improvement”
• Connor Jordan, “The Fracking Industry's Effects on Our Water and Our World”
• Meies -Amour Matz, “How Can Gardening and Boabab Baby Boxes Improve Health Outcomes for Black Women? Using Ethnographic Interventions to Reduce the Effects of Race Related Injuries on the Health Outcomes of Black Women”
Outstanding Graduate Posters with Faculty Co-Authors:
• Ayano Healy, “BUILD EXITO: A Partnership Approach to BUILDing Student Success in Biomedical Research Careers”
• Sarah Siegel, “Proposed 4th Generation QuantiFERON®-TB Testing in Low Tuberculosis risk factors”
• Erin Takemoto, “Bariatric Surgery Effectiveness Among Medicaid Beneficiaries—Limited Evidence and Future Research Needs”
Please stay tuned for information on the 2017 Student Poster Showcase.
For tips on creating an effective poster, please review slides from Dr. Eckhardt's presentation: