Track Learning Competencies
Students graduating from this track will be able to:
- Conceptualize, analyze and resolve problems related to health services delivery and finance.
- Identify and apply economic, financial, legal, organizational, political, and ethical theories and frameworks.
- Employ appropriate qualitative and quantitative techniques to manage human, fiscal, technological, information, physical, and other resources.
- Establish and manage systems and processes to assess organizational performance for continuous improvement of quality, safety, and effectiveness.
- Act ethically and professionally, and be responsive to community variations in cultures and sociodemographics.
- Lead in all levels of public and private health services organizations.
- Communicate, solve problems and make decisions related to health policy and management in the public and private sectors.
- Integrate theory and practice to plan, implement, and evaluate strategies and policies in health services programs, systems, and organizations.
- HMP Curriculum and Course Competencies
- PSU Health Management & Policy
- HMP Student Handbook
- Application & Instructions
Portland State University
Mark O. Hatfield School of Government
Please visit ohsu-psu-sph.org for current MPH information (09/19/2016)